I originally wrote this post in May, but wanted to wait until I done some the things in the post before I posted it…well its now September and I have yet to do any! But i will still share with you my new addiction or thing that I am lusting after.
I have a new addiction in the form of Ombre…(I dont know how to get the accent above the e) Although Ombre is an old trend from last year I have only now fallen in love with it and what kicked me off…my kryptonite Nail polish!!!
Firstly I saw a Tweet about Ombre nails, I followed the link, saw the step-by-step guide and thought I HAVE to try this. That is after I go out and get myself a white nail polish. (I’ve had white polish since May and still havent done it (-_-)) The picture above looks as though they have on different shades of blue but following the steps below I will achieve something like the picture below.
Anyway…Below is the step by step guide on how to achieve Ombre nails…
- Start with four little paper plates and toothpicks.
- Apply base coat on nails.
- Clean off an empty polish bottle brush with nail polish remover.
- Paint pinky the darkest color.
- Then apply a couple drops of the dark color on a plate and add one drop of white. Mix color together. Paint second nail.
- Allow each nail time to dry before applying second coat of color. Clean off polish brush each time.
- For third nail, use 2 drops of white mixed into the dark color. Paint nail.
- Continue adding more white to dark polish for each nail you paint, making the color more graduated as you go along.
- Finish with top coat.